Sunday 31 May 2015

Yum

Veggie Bread Cutlets

One fine evening, my hubby called me and informed about going to a tea-party, that too with some snacks for the hosts. Kitchen was a mess cause it's half term break and I was so chilled out about it. Wake-up call for me.....I thought. So the search starts in my brain and also in the cupboards... Funny I know but I'm a mum and I've a busy mind :)

Here comes the bread loaf for my rescue. Quickly gathered Bread, Veggies, some random seeds, spices and ingredients of "Veggie Bread Cutlets" were in-front of me. Time to assemble everything and cook them up. So I did all the Hard Work (Ha ha ha Funny) :) and Cutlets were ready in a jiffy. Easiest to make quickest to finish :D

These cutlets are great as a tea-time snack or as a starter for any small party. We all enjoyed eating them in our Tea-Party, even kids loved them. Now I've one more recipe for my leftover bread slices just like others in the blog.



Try these easy and tasty cutlets in your Kitchen and you will be amazed about their taste. Something so easy to make and tastes awesome. Would love to hear from your kitchen experience. Don't forget to comment below. Until next time.......Happy Cooking Friends, Saumya




Ingredients:

Bread Slices                - 4 (Shredded/Ripped roughly by hand)
Boiled Potato              - 2 boiled and mashed
Mix Veggie                 - 1 cup (I took carrots,beans,peas,spinach and corn)
Green chili                  - 2 finely chopped
Fresh Coriander          - 2 tblspoon
Whipped Yogurt         - 2 tblspoon
Sesame seeds              - 2 tspoon
Poppy Seeds               - 1 tspoon
Salt                             - to taste
Amchoor                    - 1 tspoon
Garam Masala            - 1/2 tspoon
Oil                              - to deep fry

















Method:

In a mixing bowl, tip the roughly ripped 4 slices of bread, add yogurt to it.
















Mix the yogurt with bread and keep aside.
















After 1 minute, add mashed potatoes and veggies in the bowl.
















Now add Salt, Seeds,Amchoor and Garam Masala into it. Mix well.
















Mix everything in the bowl to form a soft dough. Keep it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
















After 30 minutes, pinch a small portion from the dough and roll that into a small cutlet/sausage/log shape.
















Meanwhile keep the Karahi with oil on the flame to get warm enough to fry the cutlets. You can bake them as well. But this time I choose to fry, because it was for a friend's tea-party.
Do this with rest of the dough. I made 16 cutlets out of them, as I made a bit smaller size. Quantity will depend on the size you will make for the cutlet.
Once all the cutlets are formed, deep fry them on a medium flame until they turn golden brown from all sides. Flip them in between the frying.

















Try not to over-crowd the Karahi, fry 2-4 cutlets at a time. Take them out on a paper towel to soak excess oil.
















Serve the cutlets warm with choice of Chutney, Sauce and other Condiments.
These cutlets are great for Tea-Party, Evening snack and breakfast. You do not need occasion to have something delicious. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment